There is nothing like finally finishing off a few beauty prods and stashing them in your room until you have collected enough to make a post, am I right? The time has finally come for me to make my first empties post and I am bit excited to share my thoughts as some of these products I absolutely adore. A lot of them I will repurchase in the future (or I already have hehe), but others I am sure I can live without.
1. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - So I had heard all sorts of reviews about this gem and I had been dying to get my hands on it and give it a go. Now, I do have incredibly pimple prone skin. When I was younger and about 15 I suffered from pretty bad acne, and until now I still get the odd pimple or two so I am always eager to give new products a go. I would not go as far to say that this gets rid of pimples, though it could work better on milder forms. However, it does as it says on the tube and reduces the appearance of imperfections. It has a nice clean scent and is very easy to apply. I use it in the morning and at night if I have more pimples than usual. I have already repurchased this and it is a part of my daily skin care routine.
2. REN Clear Calm 3 Replenishing Night Serum- I bought this product with the intent of using it as a heavy duty night cream for my pimple prone skin. I didn't actually use it for awhile after I bought it until I had a few pesky pimples that I thought this product could help clear up. To be honest I was really disappointed and I don't feel that it made a difference to my skin at all. It has botanic scent and is pleasant to use on the skin but I didn't feel that it helped with pimples in any way or form. I will not be repurchasing this.
3. MAC Fix+ - This is a skin refresher and a finishing mist all in one. Along with my pimple prone skin, I also have incredibly oily skin so my make-up tends to disappear by midday or become a bit cakey in appearance. I used this before applying make-up, as well as after and I think it worked well in prepping my skin but not so much in setting it. It was also quite good at refreshing my make-up throughout the day but a bit annoying to carry around everywhere in terms of size. It's not something I intend to repurchase.
4. Urban Decay All Nighter Make up Setting Spray- I was really excited to try this, and I did like it but it is not something that I LOVED and I don't see myself buying it again. It did work but I would not say it was 'powerful,' again possibly something to do with my oily skin so I think I may try out the one for oily skin instead of this one again.
5. Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant facial Toner- I was reluctant to buy this thing as it retails for $65 here in Australia but I can say that I do not regret it, not one bit. I am always on the look out for new additions to my skin care routine as my skin is quite pesky, and this is a great addition. I feel that it thoroughly cleanses and tones the skin without stripping it of natural oils and moisture. My skin actually feels great after using it, and I feel that it has made a difference to the size of my pores. It also has a lovely scent. Despite the price, I am on my second bottle and I love it.
6. Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel- I received this sample with one of my Mecca Cosmetica online purchases and it was great because I have always wanted to try something from Mario Badescu. But I did not love this at all. I am not a fan of gel cleansers personally and I absolutely hated the smell of this. To me it smells like cheap hotel shampoo, like a really fake floral smell and that is something that I do not like putting on my skin, especially my face. I wouldn't buy the full size and I am not a bit reluctant to try out more products.
7. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist- Out of all my empties, this is probably my favourite! I love any rose scent but this baby is so much more. Because of its small size I could easily take it pretty much everywhere with me, which was great as I would use it throughout the day whenever I felt that my make up needed a bit of a refresher. I would spray it all over my face and viola all better! I also believe it has the bonus extra of refocusing my mind during a long day! Love this product!
8. Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer - When buying make up or any product really my instinct is to go with oil free straight away, so out of the Laura Mercier primer range this was my first choice. However, I did not like this product at all and feel that it made my face oilier. It also has a very plastic smell. I won't be repurchasing this but I am trying out the other Laura Mercier primers
9. Skinstitut Enzymatic Micro Peel- This was one of the first face peels that I have tried and to put it bluntly I don't like it and feel it made no difference to my skin what so ever. I won't repurchase this.
10. Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume- Dry shampoo is such a staple in my hair care routine and I tried this one out as it was on sale. Let me just say I do not like this product at all. I don't like the smell and I hate how my hair feels after I apply it. It leaves my hair feeling thick and dry, and hard to comb through. The volume was also way too much that I hated it. I felt like this was making my hair dirtier instead of cleaning it. I will not ever repurchase this, no matter how much this is on sale.
What beauty products have you finished recently?
Have you tried any of these products? What are your opinions?