Image Map

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Empties #4 | Things I've used up


It feels like forever and a day since I did my last empties post. I seriously take my hat off to all of you who are able to finish off enough products to do monthly empties, for realzz I do not have that sort of discipline. I have this horrible habit of using a product till it is about 3 quarters empty, then moving on to something new and faaaaanccyyy before I actually finish it off. Consequently I have a sizeable collection of products that are almost empty, but not quite enough to throw away (I could probs do a post on all those buggers instead, let me tell you).

So I have been really really really trying to restrain myself lately, step away from all the glittery new things that come my way and actually finish some things off. It's still not a lot (baby steps people, baby steps) but here a few things that I have used up lately. Let's talk trashy.


1. Dermalogica Clear Start Skin Soothing Hydrating Lotion*- I have mentioned this Clear Start Hydrating Lotion before back in my morning skincare routine for acne prone and oily skin. This is a fantastic very light-weight moisturiser but still works hard to hydrate and re-balance the skin. I found this great for the warmer months as it is light in consistency but probably not heavy enough for the colder months ahead.
Would I purchase? At the moment no, but maybe when summer starts to roll around again.

2. Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water - I was completely obsessed with thermal sprays last year and this is one of the many brands that I tried out. This one in particular is 300ml and it honestly lasted me foreverrrrr. I do wish that a bought a smaller size so that I could carry it around in my purse, so this one mostly sat on my vanity. I would use this in the evenings after cleansing and before applying my moisturiser, and in the mornings I would use it before and after applying my make-up. This was particularly great for summer (hello humidity!) but to be honest I don't see the difference between this Avene one versus a La Roche Posay for example. They are very much the same in my opinion.
Would I purchase? No, I now prefer facial mists with added ingredients.

3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir - Now this is a very luxe very beautiful facial spray and one that I prefer over the standard thermal water facial mists. I loved to use this in the evenings to help tighten pores and brighten up the skin. I found that it was also fantastic to use before and after applying make-up. It is quite pricey, but I think it very much worth all the hype it receives.
Would I purchase?For now no, I want to compare this against the Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist first.

4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation in Fairly Light Neutral - This Tarte foundation is honestly my HG foundation at the moment, and if you have been reading my blog for awhile this will definitely not be the first time you have seen this. Without repeating myself for the 1000th time, this foundation is long-lasting, has ahhh-mazing coverage, keeps oiliness at bay and still manages to look like skin - what's not to love?
Would I purchase? Yes, always and forever.

5. L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation in Vanilla - I like to think of this foundation as the drugstore dupe to the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. It is roughly half the price and paired with a great primer and some powder to set, it can last almost as long, almost. My only downside with this foundation is that it has a smaller shade range and does appear a bit pink for my skin tone once it has been applied (Vanilla, the shade I have is also the lightest shade!) but it is that large of a problem so I still continue to use it!
Would I purchase? Yes, until I find another Tarte dupe!

6. Mecca Cosmetica Soft Focus Smoothing Primer - This is actually my second bottle of this primer and I spoke about this very much in depth back in my October Favourites post last year, however this has to be one of my top 3 favourite primers ever and is my primer of choice for winter. Anyone who works in a office knows the horrors of what air conditioning can do to your skin. In winter this problem is intensified x1000 leaving my skin a horrible dry mess and my make-up not sitting quite right. This primer keeps my skin hydrated, keeps it smooth and most importantly keeps my make-up in place for over 8 hours and oiliness is kept at bay for the most part. I highly recommend this for those for those who have combo skin.
Would I repurchase? Yes, especially now that it is winter!

7. Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Acne Treatment- Another primer that I have managed to finish up. This one however is very different to the Mecca primer that I mentioned above, where the Mecca one is more cream like, this is more like a gel. With added Salicylic Acid, this Cover FX primer also helps to fight against pesky blemishes. I did like this primer particularly for the acne treatment benefits, however I did find it a bit drying on the skin, especially when paired with a matte finish foundation. 
Would I repurchase? I have a of primers to work my through, so at this stage no.

8. Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser - Previously mentioned in my January Beauty Favourites, this cleanser has become a firm favourite of mine, which is why it was so saddening for me to finish this - Boscia is one (of the many brands) that are harder to come across in Australia. This is a gel cleanser that warms up as you apply it and it works to really deep clean and detoxify the pores, dissolving any impurities, oil or dirt. I really saw a difference in the clarity of my skin overtime when I used this cleanser.
Would I repurchase?Yes, if I can ever get my hands on Boscia products again.

9. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel - This cleanser was also recently mentioned in my evening skincare routine so I won't go on too much about it again, but this a fantastic cleanser and really deeply cleanses the skin leaving it feeling clean but not stripped of moisture. Very much worth the hype, very much worth the moneyzzz.
Would I repurchase? Yes, especially now that the AUD is stronger against the Pound (sorry, Brits I really do feel for you...)

10. Alpha-H Liquid Gold - What can I say, I have tried many many Glycolic Acid products in my time but I will always end up coming back to good old Liquid Gold, there is a reason this is cult beauty status. It is seriously one the best chemical exfoliators that I have tried for scarring.
Would I repurchase? Yes, enough said. 

What 'almost' empties do you have lying around? Have you tried any of these? 

Chantalle x

 Follow

14 comments:

  1. I love that Oskia cleansing gel! I really thought it wasn't going to live up to the hype but I find it so nourishing and not stripping at all but also not too oily. I think I'll use it all year round but in winter especially, so far I'm loving it.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I didn't actually think it would be that great but I am so impressed and glad I tried it! x

      Delete
  2. The foundations you mentioned sound soo amazing!! I rally want to try the Tarte one! Lovely post

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia! Yes, give the Tarte one a go, it is amazing! Let me know if you try it! x

      Delete
  3. I also envy those who can finish more products each month! I've been more diligent with a bag to contain my empties and when it's full I do a post ��
    I am definitely like you with cleansers and blush/mascara/lipstick. I get caught up with the newest thing I have I forget about some, even though I easily have enough blushes to use a different colours for over half a month!

    Maddie | www.maddiesbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a skill we have yet to master haha!! Ugh don't even get me started on all things I have around the place but I am really trying to finish them all of this month! x

      Delete
  4. Ooooo what a fabulous bunch of empties! Loving the sound of the Tarte and L'Oreal foundations! I'll have to get my hands on them! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tahana! Yep, definitely try them. These two are my absolute faves for oily skin! x

      Delete
  5. I've gotten pretty good lately at finishing up products because it's such a satisfying feeling - it's just really frustrating when you know you're almost at the end and you get excited about starting a new product but the old one just won't give up and end already! You think you're done and you get another week out of it, haha.

    I love both the foundations you mentioned as well, and that Mecca primer sounds really interesting. I definitely find that with my oily skin it's still really important to keep it hydrated because my makeup never sits right or looks as good as it could - dehydration + oil do not cancel each other out! Also the Oskia cleanser & Liquid Gold are firm favourites of mine too. :)

    Jessica - littlehenrylee.net


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is satisfying but it is such a bad habit of mine to keep 'almost empties' lying around haha! If your skin is anything like mine definitely give the Mecca primer a go, it has been absolute god send for my skin! x

      Delete
  6. Oooohhh that Mecca Primer sounds so good! And if especially for winter, I'm definitely going to put it on my list of primers to try! Great post :)

    sofiaadot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it out, would love to hear your thoughts on it! x

      Delete
  7. I really want to try that that alpha liquid gold. I have a lot of texture issues on my skin and it's driving me nuts. I feel like glycolic acid may not be super effective on my skin but i definitely need a good chemical exfoliate that truly smoothes out my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have issues with your skin texture, I highly recommend Liquid Gold. Most products that contain glycolic acid don't have much in them but Liquid Gold I find does have a lot more. Give it a try for sure! xx

      Delete