Image Map

Monday, October 27, 2014

Life Lately #3



Oh, what's this?! A post?! On my blog?! NO WAY, your eyes are definitely not deceiving you! This is definitely a new post.

I cannot believe it has been 3 months since I last posted! I am incredibly sorry and highly ashamed of myself. What went from not posting for 1 week to 3 months is so so bad! But I am back now you guys! I miss blogging so much and reading all of your blogs (which I haven't done in a while either PLEASE forgive me!! *hides behinds hands*). Plus, I feel like I disappear around the same time each year (I can recall writing a similar post circa 2013) and come back with the same sorry excuses. So this is really horrible of me to keep disappearing but I promise I am back for good (if not a long while), this time round!

But I thought what better way to get back into the swing of things than to update you with a little life lately post (which hasn't been updated since March - quite pathetic if you ask me). The main reason for my extended absence is that real life got a bit too 'real' and hella busy, which I am sure you can all understand, right? It just so happens that (sadly) I'm probably not as good as all you guys are with time management thing and updating my blog seemed more of a task than something I enjoyed doing. So I stopped. I did achieve a few things in my mini hiatus though.

I FINALLY got my license!! If you know me in real life you will understand how much of an achievement this was for me. I'm 21 and in Sydney you get your learners permit at 16, so that's about 5 years of me trying to learn how to drive and failing. I've always hated driving, but I finally bit my tongue and did it! I got my license and bought myself a lovely new car (in red, because you know red cars are faster... ahaha).
I also started up a new internship in August and probably the main reason for disappearance. Juggling real work and an internship, plus real life got a bit too much for me. I intern at a cosmetics brand 2 days a week and manage their social media and blogger relationships - which I love because I still got to hang out in beauty blogger land, just on the other side of things.
I also started taking up German classes once a week. Completely random I know but I've always wanted to learn the language after traveling there when I was a teen and I already know basic French so I thought why not learn some German! If you can speak German feel free to test my skills and comment below - it would be good to see how good (read: bad) I actually am.

AND if you're interested, I am also now a contributor on the brand spanking new More Than Adored site which is managed by the ever lovely Sarah. So if you ever get the time go check it out (but you probably do already, because let's be real her blog is ah-mazing!!) I have some of my own posts in the works so I will keep you informed if one does go up!!

So that's my last 3 months in a nutshell! What have you guys been up to!? Let me know, because I miss you all so very much!

Chantalle x

10 comments:

  1. I need to get my license so badly. I hate driving! Eeeppp so excited to have you apart of them team lovely :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to hate it so much as well (still do sometimes) but I am slowly learning to enjoy it! Excited to be a part of it hehe x

      Delete
  2. YAY! So glad to see you're blogging again! Welcome back!

    Congrats on your license!!! Super exciting - have you gone for a solo drive yet? It's sooo liberating. I didn't get my license till I was 21 either, hi five. I don't know how I survived so long without it now!

    And that's awesome that you are a contributor to More Than Adored! Can't wait to see your posts go up :)

    Brodie Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you!!! I've only driven by myself to work and small things like that nothing to major, I'm still too scared ahaha! Oh yay, glad to know I'm not the only one ahahhaa
      X

      Delete
  3. Well done! Sounds like you've achieved so much in those 3 months! I've passed my test too but finding it hard to actually drive my car now haha how silly? The nerves are getting the better of me!
    I'd love to be an intern handling social media and blogging! Sounds like an amazing opportunity.

    www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I totally understand what you mean, driving still makes me so nervous and stressed out!
      It's pretty great, definitely a good experience!

      X

      Delete
  4. YAY I'm glad your back!!!! Congrats on getting your licence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I look forward to more posts from you! And eep, congrats on getting your license, I hate driving too! I'm still on my learners and nowhere near my hours even though I could've gotten my license months ago haha. I haven't even learnt manual yet....dreading that. But the internship sounds so fun!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog and you have the cutest layout!!

    Congrats on getting your driving license! It'll make life so much easier. And congrats on the internship too, it's definitely harder to juggle blogging and working. And by the time I get home it's too dark to take good photos!

    Would love if you check out my blog. Just followed you on twitter :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all your achievements sister! I can't imagine how much of a pain life would be without driving- welcome to freedom haha! xo



    we are dannah | australian lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete