For as long as I can remember I have always loved make-up.
You might be able to relate to me here - I can recall a 5 year-old me sitting in front of my mum's make-up vanity, opening up her make-up bag and to my delight (and probably her absolute horror) applying lashings of red lippy and the odd purple eyeshadow. Then the 10-year old me did ballet and tap dancing, and the best part of it wasn't the dancing itself but putting on light stage make-up before our performances. When I was 12 I remember being obsessed with any pink sparkly lipstick and clear mascara, and at 17 it was the beginning of foundation experimentation. And now at 22? Let's just say that the obsession is at full peak and we'll leave it at that.
But no matter how over rated and cliche some people may think the brand to be, I think my love with make-up really began with my fist MAC purchase. There is just something so satisfying with that little black bag I think! From memory my fist MAC purchase was a lipstick in the shade Angel. I remember reading that it was Kim K's lipstick of choice and of course I just had to have it ( but my Kardashian obsession is probably a blog post for another time...)
Till this day I still love MAC lipsticks and I don't think I will ever really stop loving them. They have such a great range of colours and finishes, there is literally a lipstick for evey occasion or mood. I have tried and loved many other brands but on some days you just have to return to your trusty faves. So today's blog post is all about my most loved MAC lipstick shades at the moment - because god knows how often my favourite lipstick shade changes - but these five are what I think are a pretty good round up to have in your collection.
1. Lady Danger - This is one of MAC's best selling red lippies and I can definitely see why. Lady Danger for me is just that perfect bright red lipstick that has a slight orange undertone. It is a matte finish but it is definitely not drying and is long wearing. I think a bright red lippy can really pull a look together, especially when you have minimal make-up on and want to look just that bit more polished. Worn day or night, Lady Danger is just one of those lipsticks that can really lift up your mood (yes lipstick can lif up your mood!)
2. Velvet Teddy - the infamous Velvet Teddy, I think this has to be one of my favourite MAC Lipsticks ever - yep ever. It is to me the perfect nude to pair with a smokey eye. On me it is a natural pink but with an ever so slightly brown undertone. I have received many compliments when wearing this lipstick, so that only really encourages me to wear it more often!! The only problem I have with this lipstick is that I do find it slightly drying. It applies creamy and is a matte finish, I just I find it really dries out my lips but nothing a bit of lip balm can't handle.
3. Patisserie - If you like me also love this shade and can pick it among the others in my picture you will see that this is almost at a stub (*cries*). Patisserie is my MLBB shade that I wear almost everyday at work. I would describe it as a very natural pinky nude that has a slight shimmer. It is a very wearable shade that I just adore! When this one is finished I will definitely get another. It is one of the better nude lipsticks that I have tried.
4. Creme Cup - You probably sensing a small trend here, I do love me a good nude lipstick. Creme Cup is another that I love but this one is probably the most pink out of the bunch and a more blue based pink than the others. It is a great staple nude pink, again for everyday natural looks that is especially great for pale skin girls like myself.
5. Plumful - This lipstick is my go-to daily shade in winter (hello berry lips!) Plumful is a great rosy-plum shade that has a certain sheerness to it that allows your natural lips to come through. I think it is the perfect shade that can be worn everyday if you want to wear a slightly darker shade that isn't too OTT and isn't too red. Being a Lustre finish, it isn't drying on the lips and lasts a few hours without touch ups.
From Left to Right: Lady Danger, Plumful, Velvet Teddy, Creme Cup, Patisserie
Maybe not THE absolute best MAC lipsticks out there but definitely my favourite out of my collection at the moment. Looking at my stash, I do have a slight obsession with nudes and corals and would love to venture more into the vampy darker shades - suggestions plz?
What are your favourite MAC lipstick shades? Or if you're not a fan of MAC Lipsticks what's your HG lipstick?